Saturday, September 20, 2003

venting

I am incerdibly frustrated. For the last couple of days, over and over again, I have been told be this person or that that they were going to do one thing or another, and NONE of them have done ANY of it. I was supposed to get money for my truck from my friend Dan, who *assured* me that he would have it, and I haven't heard one word from. Friday morning, I was supposed to have Megan come with me to get my blood drawn (which I have GOT to get done, or they won't let me have the baby at The Birthing Center) and she also said she'd babysit for a little bit so I could get some stuff done, and I called her all day and she never answered OR called back.

Today, I spent all morning talking to Porky about how much she was upset and frustrated with Matt. I listened to whatever, and told her I'd take her birthday shopping and find whatever she needed to feel better. She said she's take a shower and call me back, so I set aside the rest of my day to do whatever she needed, and again, I never heard from her. THEN, I talked to Amy about an hour ago, and she said she was going to come over and hang out for awhile since we haven't in a long time, then I just got a phonecall from Sean saying that he's done driving, and they're not coming.

Doesn't ANYONE have any integrity, or do what they say they're going to?? My roommate told me three days ago that he was going to start giving me rent money the next day, and not only have I not seen anything from him, but when I bring it up, he leaves or avoids the subject entirely. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? It certainly doesn't bother me to be alone- and I don't neeeeeed the money from anyone, but what I could use is some honesty... it's really disheartening for me to have to look at the people around me and realize that there are very few of them, even within my own family that I can really trust. Pretty lame.

I'm sure half of this is exaggerated by pregnancy horomones, but at the same time, it's all true... *sigh*

Well, I'm going to watch 24 and go to bed. Maybe watching people get shot and all those adrenaline-infused situations will let off some steam for me. 24 is seriously the best series ever. I'm in the middle of the second season, and I can't... stop.... watching... must.. have.... 24...

Liars suck.

quote for the night: "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.... " - Josh Billings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Monday morning and still no power in our house from Hurricane Isabel. Don't give up on people being honest -they will all have that to deal with themselves at one time or another! How exciting that Randal surprised you by just standing there. The love between you two makes me cry and smile at the same time. I am very excited for your new little soul to take care of too. Love you all,