Tuesday, September 23, 2003

...cont'd-  three entries long this time!

For those of you who keep asking, if (and when) it's a girl, we are going to name her Lily Grace Torske. We canNOT think of a boy's name, though! Maybe because it's not a reality to me that it could be another boy, but I will be JUST as happy if it is. We were thinking Neil for the middle name, which is Randal's middle name, but it's his dad's name and his dad is a rather nonimpressive individual to me, so I don't know. We kind of like Jakob and Joshua, but nothing really sticks. We'll wait and see- I got Tobin from Ghostbusters II, so you just never know when a name will pop out and be THE ONE. (Th Book of Tobin is kinda like the directory of Ghosties and Ghoulies in Ghostbusters, if you were wondering)

Anyhow- I'm going to get back to my DDGRs (Daily Domestic Goddess Rituals) now, whilst my hands have the time and energy. Maybe I can actually clean the house, now that I won't die of heatstroke if I move three inches. I hope you all are well, and staying out of the heat and the hurricanes!

quote for the day: "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family:
Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." Jane Howard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a more beautiful name for your's and Randal's new little girl than Lily Grace. With permission here are a few suggestions in case we need blue booties: Erik, Colby, Dustin, Kirk, Leif or Skipp or any combination, such as Colby Leif, or Dustin Kirk -some are of Norwegian origin however.
Quote: "Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together." Pearl S. Buck

Anonymous said...

Your reference to "DDGRs" is all starting to sound like the military life may be encroaching on your lifestyle.... Although you would be a tough one to convert.... hang in there kiddo, the senior members of the MD clan are making plans to invade the republic of california for a little R & R during Novemeber when little miss Lily Grace makes her appearance.... Love your writings... and miss you guys...