Tuesday, September 30, 2003

cont'd...

I LOVE the colors in fall, and I love love *love* being able to wear sweaters and corduroys. Those are my FAVORITE things EVER. And scarves and all the warm fuzziness available. I LOVE having a blanket and a book when it's cold outside... a fireplace is a nice little topper in there, but I don't have one in my apartment, so the light of the fishtank will have to do. I have one pair of brown maternity (hisssssss) cords that are alright- I can at least pretend to wear my favorite clothes while having an NBA basketball attached to my middle.

On *that* note- I had a Birthing Center appointment on Friday, and everything looks great. My bloodwork came back just fine- I'm not even anemic this time, which I was kind of suprized about, since I was with Tobin, and I get accused of every 5 minutes since I'm so skinny. I'll have you know I'm drinking blueberry juice (blueberries & raspberries are very high in iron) and eating iron (and calcium!) fortified cream of wheat right now. Aww yeeeah. The baby's head is turned down, and the heartbeat is as strong as ever. Tobin even got to hear it again, which is kind of cool, though I'm pretty dure he has NO idea what the noise is.

So... still no boy names. I kind of like Dakota, or Koty for short, but Grandma said, "But that's a truck!" I figure if it's a boy, he won't mind being named after a truck. For THAT matter, I bet he'll think that truck is named after HIM. :) That very same Grandma (or Bobbe, if you're not her granddaughter) was pretty sure they invented Bobby Sox after her (since she's actially pretty good at softball) so I'm sure it will all work out. It's actually a Native American word that means "friend". All the same, I'm not sure that's THE name, but it's one I kinda like.

Anyhow- I better get going and get ready for work. I'll write more hopefully when I get home, so you can hear about the pigs at Amy & Sean's, Costco, and Uni. (eew eew eew). The anticipation! :)

quote for the day: "It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." Alan Cohen

No comments: