Monday, September 15, 2003

Back to Tobin... he's learning to jump, eat with proper utensils, summersault and walk backwards. I learned something from all his new learning, too. That something is that it's not a very good idea to be walking forward while facing backward. You might trip over something, fall down, or end up going the complete opposite way you thought you were headed. He is learning the physical sense of these things, and I think I'm in a perpetual state of learning the metaphorical version. It's so great to have this little spirit around to remind me of all of life's simple lessons. Maybe I'll write all of them down and make a book someday. Maybe I already am. That makes you guys UberCool for reading it before I'm a thousandaire! (If you didn't get that, you need to go to the Strong Bad link to the left on this page and click on "Suntan". Just do it. Especially if you have a weird sense of humor like me)

Well, I'm going to get back to my domestic goddess duties and perform glamorous rituals, like folding laundry and scrubbing this morning's oatmeal from the Bob the Builder bowl. Ahh, life at it's finest. No, really. :)

quote of the day:

"The unique personality which is the real life in me, I can not gain unless I search for the real life, the spiritual quality, in others. I am myself spiritually dead unless I reach out to the fine quality dormant in others. For it is only with the god enthroned in the innermost shrine of the other, that the god hidden in me, will consent to appear."

 from The Ethical Philosophy of Life, by Felix Adler

No comments: