Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Happy Birthday, Porky!

First off- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PORK! It's my littlest sister's 17th birthday today. Thus begins the season where EVERYONE related to me has their babies, or gets married. Over half of my family will have a birthday or anniversary or SOMEthing in the next month. Boppa's birthday is the 28th of this month, Grammy's is.... crap, I forget. Soon, though. Dad's is the 1st of October, the 16th of October is Jack's (Tobin's cousin) 1st birthday (and Poppy Ken's), the 17th is Tobin's 2nd, and the 19th is Jenna's (Tobin's other cousin) 3rd. Grammy & Boppa's anniversary is in there too somewhere, I believe. I'm sure I forgot someone or something, but as you can see, there is plenty to remember. Soon, Randal and I will have our own addition to my family's mass of early fall birthdays! (I guess we just get cold in February!)

It's *FINALLY* not over 100 degrees today. I couldn't even type, it was so hot. I wanted NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING extra touching me. Sunday Amy, Sean and I took Tobin to the beach, which was fun. We took pictures, but I noticed the light meter on my camera is broken, so I hope they turn out okay! (One of my FAVORITE pictures EVER is the one at the top of this)

Poor Tobin is sick. Here was my first clue: Sunday night, in a room full of people, Tobin climbed into my lap on the couch, wanted the blanket on (It was still about thirty thousand degrees) and FELL ASLEEP in like 2 minutes. (Yes. He MUST be sick) I'm not sure if it's teething related or something else- I know he's having a rough time with those 2 year molars. He's been putting EVERYthing, especially his fingers, in his mouth. He had a fever, though, and he was saying last night that his legs hurt, which is exactly what Pork used to say when she was little and sick. This morning he said his belly hurt, too. Poor little guy.

I got him some Homeopathic (aka: Hippy) medicine at Whole Foods that helps fevers, aches and pains. It's called Oscillococcinum. (don't even ask me how to say that) It worked great, though. Tobin finally slept through the night. They make it for adults, too. It's just a little tube of really small sucrose-based pellets you let dissolve in your mouth. I really don't like to take or give medicine if I don't have to, but this kind works with your body's natural abilities to fight off infections, etc. itself, rather than just squashing the symptoms and not healing anything, like most regular medicine. But that's a whole other entry.

No comments: