Thursday, September 11, 2003

Smiling

Hello again. :)

Tobin is actually sleeping! HOORAY! He fell asleep on the way home from work today, as he usually does, but hasn't been lately. It was HOT today (It's 3:30 and still almost 100 degrees. YUCK) And I (as usual) stripped the kids down (I don't think I ever leave them clothed, unless we're going in public, which is rare) and got them into the pool, and then into the sprinklers. Nothing will drain some munchkins like running around top speed in the sun and the water. I almost died of heat exhaustion, but it was well worth it, since I am officially done with my workweek, Tobin is sleeping, and I'm in my relatively cool home. *ahh*

So it's 9/11 today. I was pregnant when the planes hit the first time, and here I am again. I didn't even realize the date until I signed on the internet and got a zillion memorial popups. We don't have a tv or radio in the house, so my contact with the media and outside world are mostly of my own choosing, which I rarely do. I don't have anything enlightening or sentimental to say about it really, and the government can still shove off as far as I'm concerned. it's just too bad innocent people had to be killed so someone could get their attention. It's obvious creating life doesn't do much to get it, either. Asses.

BUT I'm going to be happy today, as my mood above states. Tobin was better today. (though still practicing the "no"s quite a bit. I have a feeling this is not the end of it, either. Hooray.) It's good to see him back on regular nap schedule, though Manny has him tonight, so I can rest assured it's going to be all crapped up by the time I get him back in the morning, anyhow. A mother's work is never done. Ever. Seriously.

Something happened a few days ago that I mentioned to Randal that is still with me, so I'm writing it down. As some of you may know, my car got crunched a few weeks ago to the point of being undrivable. The front end on the driver's side is all smushed in and the bumper is hanging off the front. Anyhow- so that's the precurser to this little anecdote.

...cont'd

No comments: