Thursday, September 25, 2003

Sleep. Is. Good.

Hooray! I figured out how to take pictures with my phone, and load them onto here. Now you guys can even SEE how we are everyday. Well, somedays. I took this picture the other day when the kids were, as usual, naked and running around the yard. Those days are really fun.

Today... today was really tiring. I woke up and felt like I had glue in my eyelids. (not something I reccomend doing- if you want a story about putting glue in your eye, ask Grammy or my sisters!) I could NOT keep them open. Then, Tobin and his poor little self needed a BATH after the diaper change this morning, and you other moms will know what that means. Mmmmm. Also, during this bath, I left the bathroom to get dressed, and Tobin was quiet and happy.... then, as you other mommies (and daddies) will also know, I quiet and contented 2 year old is something to investigate, not cherish.

My brand new Coconut Milk bath gel I got for my birthday was full.... of water. Ohhhh, so sad. I might actually have to go spend $20 on i to have it again, too. It is (or was... sniff!) from the Bajik Spa line from The Body Shop- I forget the exact name, but it's SO YUMMY. Oh, it smells like heaven. I just want to keep smelling myself after a bath with that and my new perfume. But people might start to look at me funny. :)

ANYhow, so I trudge through my morning and get to work, and there are TWO little faces in the window to greet us. Gabby's cousing Tyler (who is 3 and SMART, which isn't always the easiest thing) was over because his mom went into labor. Damn her. Well, I supposed I don't want to be in labor YET... but the SECOND the baby is big enough to be healthy, I am READY FOR ACTION. I think Marnie (Tyler's mom) is overdue, though. She'd also been in labor since yesterday when I was at work. Yuck.

So I had three monkeys running around today at work.... phew. I've not been around a three year old boy much lately, so that was another little crash course. I actually had to EXPLAIN WHY I did EVERYTHING, and give him detailed answers to about 50 gazillion questions. Yeah. Can't wait for that. I will now cherish the times I can just throw a balloon in the air and say, "Hey! Look at that balloon!" and they are distracted and happy EVER so much more.

 

No comments: