Tuesday, September 23, 2003

...cont'd

Randal's boat left Monday morning, so I haven't spoken to him since Sunday night. It was SO GOOD to see him before he left, though. I still can't believe he did that. Well, yes, I can. Randal's whole MO seems to be to just knock people over in wonder at how crazy/hardworking/crazy/devoted/loving/talented/crazy he is. But now, maybe people are seeing why I went from a complete dating hiatus to married in 4 months. I tell you one thing, though- from a wife, friend and mother standpoint, that guy had some awesome guidance and support growing up.

Linda (Randal's mom) might be as crazy as he is, or at least most of where he gets it. His whole family is awesome. Right after we got married, I even called her because I was concerned Randal was going to run himself into the ground and implode, but she assured me he's been like that since he was very young. She raised 5 kids by herself, though, so I can see where his astronomic level of energy for working like a machine comes from. Either way, they are both crazy. My newest goal in life is to make BOTH of them SIT and let me take care of THEM for a little while.

She (Linda) and Ray, I think, are taking 2-3 WEEKS off of work to come out when I have the baby, to help with Tobin and whatever, and staying just so I'll have some extra hands. Of course, it's going to be like Dueling Grandmas in my house with my mom, Linda, Grandma and Grammy around, but better to have SO much love around than any less. :) In any occasion, I know *full well* that this baby is going to come into an extrememly loving environment, and that means everything in the whole world to me.

The baby is developing perfectly- although I'm a tad underweight for 8 months. (33 weeks!) I FINALLY got my bloodwork done (Grandma took me, and did NOT flake, thankyouverymuch) and it was the least traumatic blood experiene I've ever had. *Phew.*  I'm still getting away with elastic band skirts, and some even in my regular size four. I HAAAATE maternity clothes- they are made for middle aged mormons, I swear, and I am NEITHER of those things.

 

No comments: