Tuesday, September 9, 2003

Hmm.

Today has been crap. Tobin is screaming upstairs as he has been for the past 15 minutes. He usually falls asleep on the way home from work, but I think he might be going insane. That is to say, teething. He's been crazy the last couple of days, which I attributed to him practicing for being 2, but I noticed his fingers in his mouth more than a few times and his forehead felt warm this morning, which leads me to think he is teething. (which I would definitely say is the toddler version of PMS. Hell.)

Gabby, the 2 1/2 year old I nanny for is also getting her 2-year-molars. That made work *extra* fun today, especially since it was raining outside, so I had to keep them both in the house all day. We made the best of it and painted in the bathtub, though. Amber (Gabby's mom) taped up a huge piece of paper on the wall and got paints out while I stripped them, and soon, they were happy. ish. Tobin doesn't exactly care for getting covered in anything but kisses. Gabby ignored the wall and immediately got to work on her legs. Either way, it passed some time and now I have (another) goopy mural to put up on the wall. The masterpiece of munchkin genius.

Randal just wrote me, and I haven't even written back yet, because I'm not through filtering my feelings on what he said. It made more of an impression than most of the crap I've had to deal with- hence the mood again at quiet, if only because I have no words to speak with. He said that his XO (the Executive Officer, which is the highest up on the boat) said that he has to wait to get here until the 15th. (of Novemeber) She (I *really* feel like it's a girl, though we're waiting to find out) is due the 8th, and I also really feel like she's going to be earlier than that.

So... I just don't know. I mean, it's not like I can change it, and not like there's no way it won't change itself, but it's just that the thoughts of an additional week and a half (he was supposed to be home the 4th, or when I go into labor) I have to wait to see him, and the fact that he could miss the birth of his first (and probably only) child are a little disheartening.

 

...cont'd, as usual

No comments: