Wednesday, October 22, 2003

*WHEW*

So, if you can tell by the *WHEW*, there have been some changes since my past entry, THANK GOODNESS. Thank. Goodness. Jeeeez.

SO- first off, right AFTER I got the news he wasn't gonig to be here for another month, I get *another* e-mail where he said they wanted to keep him on the boat another TWO AND A HALF YEARS. Um, no. Not acceptable at ALL. I told him I might as well just ship my ring to his XO, so he could have that wrapped around his finger, too. Luckily, hearing about 2 1/2 more YEARS of this was so huge that there was no possible way for me to be sad about it. It was just numbing.

BUT! (and thank goodness for those) BUT- Randal made the decision to quit the Boarding Team, rendering himself much less useful to the boat, so now he may not even have to go to the training in November at all, which would be SO HAPPY. If anything, we're just going to see if he can fly home when the ship refuels in San Diego around the 5th, and then meet them in Astoria a few days later. He was a bit concerned about the cost of flying around so much, but only until he was informed of the cost to his wife if he didn't. :)

So... we'll see. I feel SO much better, though. I think he's just trying to stress me out so much that there's NO way I can have the baby until he gets home. Sheesh. I still think the Coast Gaurd is poo, though. They should NOT be messing with the emotional state of a woman who is nine months pregnant. That is just not funny.

Tobin is doing well- we had dinner with Grandma and Al last night (outside, since it was about 70 degrees) and he watered EVERYthing. As you can see in the pictures... not to exclude body parts, which is why there's a gradual lessening of clothing on him as the pictures go on. :)

No comments: