Thursday, October 23, 2003

The Benefits of Being Two

So, the benefits of being two (so far) start with being able to act like a total spaz out of nowhere and have it brushed off as "being two", but more importantly include the ability to pull off a tutu, rainboots and a sippy cup, as illustrated by Gabby, above. (Just for you, Amber :) That's Tobin over there, tying on rainbow scarves. Well, HE needed something special to dance in too, didn't he? :)

I miss Randal so much. This is horrible. I mean, I'm not crying or pining away alone in a corner, but I really, really miss him. Whatever amount of time I get to spend with him when he's home is going to be all the time we'll have seen each other for six months. SO lame. I suppose it cuts down on arguments over which side to squeeze the toothpaste from when he's here, but it would seem like such a blessing to be able to be around each other enough to have one of those arguments in the first place right now, I'd be grateful for it.

My waist is 40 inches right now. FORTY INCHES. (See pictures, courtesy of Amber after work today) That's almost twice what it usually is. I can actually feel my skin stretching when the baby moves. It's TIME, I say. Only now I'm trying to NOT have the baby in case Randal comes home. THAT is a predicament, I tell you. Like I have control over it, anyhow. That just means whatever happens, I'll be grateful.

Well, it's getting late, and though Tobin's not here now, he will be *bright* and early tomorrow, thankyouverymuch, Manny. So.. there's a little update for today, anyhow. Randal is enjoy a *liittletiny* amount of free time (haha) now that he's not on the boarding team, but I can tell he's really ready to come home. I'm ready, too.

quote for the day: "If I had influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last throughout life." Rachel Carson

No comments: