Thursday, October 2, 2003

Pictures!

We got pictures back today! Amber (my boss) took some when Randal was here last. She's really great at photography, which is part of the reason I have so many awesome pictures of Tobin. (and Gabby, of course) So she took some pictures a couple of weeks ago, and here they are! They're not really clear because I had to take pictures of pictures (have I mentioned I love my phone?) but at least you can see them. Tobin would have been in more (and there are more!) but that was directly during his teething-ness, so he wasn't too interested in sitting still and smiling for anyone.

Today is going well so far- I heard "Beast of Burden" on the radio on the way to work, and that made me pretty happy. I love that song. So much, in fact, I've downloaded it, and am listening to it again at this very moment. Ahh. Work went okay, although I think Gabby might be getting sick or going crazy- she was a bit um, shall we say, testy? So was Tobin, actually. He got three time outs for hitting. Gabby was just overtired and hungry, but an overtired and hungry two year old is definitely something to reckon with. Whew. But now it's Thursday, I got paid, I'm done with my workweek, Manny takes Tobin for the night and he's sleeping at the moment, leaving me with an open evening for quietness. (and extra DDGRs. but I'm not going to think about those right now.)

Looking through the pictures was fun, although I can see in Randal's face that he was fully aware he was only here for a few more hours. Poor guy. I mean, he has a great attitude and a crazy man's work ethic, but I would hate being away from my family, and I know he does. At least he got to see my belly one more time, in case he misses the birth. He's headed for warmer waters now (whatever and wherever that means) and he'll be able to do boardings soon. That should keep him occupied and get all the testostorone out before he gets to come home and be a new daddy. I'm not sure he's aware exactly how much he's going to just squish on the inside when he sees his child for the first time. He's going to have no spine left, I know it. But that's okay. That's why he's playing Rambo now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, loved your entry today and the pictures of you and Randal and Tobin (and little Miss Activity) because I love all of you so very much. Thank Amber for me for taking the pictures too. See you soon.
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. You are connected to your child and to all those who touch your lives. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." Sophia Loren
(Randal will enjoy doing this too however!)