Wednesday, October 29, 2003

6 1/2 & 3

Number of days until I see Randal & number of centimeters I am dialated.

So HOPEfully, this baby stays in until he gets here! Three centimeters isn't THAT much- people have gone from three to baby in a couple of hours, and some have walked around like that for two weeks. Just another thing to wait for now, (and still) but I'm not going to take any more herbs or anything to help encourage labor! They told me to just take it VERY easy, and I should be fine. Too bad I have to turn my roommate's room into Tobin's ASAP, so I can get him in there before the baby's born, so he doesn't feel ENITRELY ousted from his position.

That's one of the only things I'm remotely concened about with having a new baby- I love Tobin SO much, and I just cherish every minute I get to spend playing with him or reading to him or whatever. I know that time is going to have to be compormised, and though I know I'll be completely happy (understatement!) to have a new baby to occupy me, I worry for Tobin. All kids go through that stage at first, though. And it's good for kids to have siblings, anyhow. Them learning to share their toys (and parents!) and whatever else is a really good thing to learn early and be brought up with.

Anyhow- I am exhausted and still have my list of DDGRs to get through. Grandma is coming over tomorrow to help me get the house clean before I have people coming to stay or visit before or after the baby is born. I KNOW I won't have the energy to do it then! I'm having a Braxton-Hicks contraction as I type. Uhhhhh. Man- *ALMOST* there! S/he he just has has to wait for daddy!

quote for the day: "One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life." Chinese Proverb

PS: Pictures are of Tobin playing in the bath last night. Nevermind what his hand is doing in the second picture. He's going to HATE me for all these pictures on the internet when he's a teenager!

No comments: