Thursday, November 13, 2003

Squeaker :)

So, Aiden has gained the nickname "Squeaker" already. He has yet to really let out a good cry- he just kind of squeaks enough to get my attention (which doesn't take much) and is happy again. (or sleeping again) Tobin is doing pretty well with him- the only thing we really have to work on is being GENTLE with him... he seems to think that Aiden can be grabbed and picked up by the neck like a doll, which gives more than Aiden a good startling.

Randal is here for another three days... I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I have a feeling I'm going to be saying that more and more, especially when I have a newborn and a 2 year old to care for alone. Well, alone may be stretching it a bit, since it's actually fairly difficult to get people to NOT come over right now. Understandable, since I have the cutest kids ever, though. :)

Randal and Tobin are playing right now how they've been playing the entire last week- with Tobin in his jumper yelling, "Do you wanna gimme those feet?!?" (Tobin-language for Randal needeing to "get" Tobin's feet) and then Randal tickles his feet and swings him so that when he swings forward, Randal acts like Tobin mortally wounded him, which, of course, is HILARIOUS to Tobin. With Gabby (and most little girls) she's rather put her babies to bed and sing to them, and Tobin would rather think he's beating the daylights out of someone. Does the gender difference really start this soon? Yeesh.

Aiden is eating and sleeping well (thank heavens) and so far, I even have the luxury of them BOTH taking around 3-hour naps and about 2:00 each day, so I can spend time with Randal. We were just laying in bed talking the other night, and we were talking about intimacy. He said something along the lines of  intimacy being something you should have even in a grocery store, and not just in the bedroom. Good thing, since we haven't seen each other in three months, and that's about all our intimacy consists of after having a baby. Oh well. :)

Well, we've got about 50 errands to run while we still have time together, but I'll try and write again and get the rest of the pictures I have up this afternoon. The next entry I'll probably write my labor story, so you'll all know the INCREDIBLE PAIN I was in. Aren't you excited? :)

quote for the day: : "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

No comments: