Saturday, November 15, 2003

Love

Now, usually I'm not so squishy, but it's hard not to think of Love when I've finally got my husband and baby in my arms. (and Tobin, too!) Randal and I have a very different relationship, I think. I mean to say really, that life just kind of put us together out of left field and everything happened a little backwards, but here I am and we are, and I can finally say that when I wake up in the morning, I look forward to the things I have to do all day, and- as everyone always said, but I couldn't comprehend- the love after having another child isn't divided in two, it just multiplies.

Seeing Tobin as a big brother is just another avenue for me to love him through. I have so much respect for him and how he's doing and adjusting, and I feel to the deepest part of me his frustrations in not being the only light in my eye. He is doing SO beautifully with the social adjustment- Aiden's presence in general- and is only having a bit of difficulty with needing to be GENTLE around him.  He wants to just SQUEEZE him. I do, too (especially his liitle teeny butt!) but I try and refrain. Tobin is still perfecting this art.

Randal got to cook dinner for Grammy and Boppa last night, and it was really good. We had seared Ahi (Grammy's was mostly cooked and, as a sidenote, is pretty much the only meat I eat, aside from sushi. It's just so good!) and some baked rice something-or-other (aren't I descriptive?) that was really good. Mmm. Ahi. We found some at the Farmer's Market wednesday morning that was really fresh and cheap.

Well, we've got to run a whole lot of errands today- we're going to try and get Tobin's room at least mostly taken care of. (decorated and furnished, etc.) It should be fun. Anyhow- we're all doing well, and the pictures are ones I snuck yesterday of Randal and Tobin- I decided to play around and make them black & white, just because. They just LOVE each other, but I'll have to write more about that later.

quote for the day: "We only regard those unions as real examples of love and real marriages in which a fixed and unalterable decision has been taken. If men or women contemplate an escape, they do not collect all their powers for the task. In none of the serious and important tasks of life do we arrange such a "getaway." We cannot love and be limited." Alfred Adler

No comments: