Sunday, November 30, 2003

Laundry is eating my house. Seriously.

My house is SO MESSY!! I am going insane. A lot of it is because I *finally* did laundry when Gen was over to help yesterday (hooray!) and we did six whole loads or laundry, which is now, clean, dry, and EVERYWHERE.The rest of it is constructed of various items that have found their way out of their respective homes in effort to join the fight against my sanity.

So... whatEVER excuses this profound mess? (I know a lot of you that have seen my house are probably thinking "oh! There must be a toy on the floor!" but seriously. Laundry is eating my living room.) I have had a busier schedule than usual this weekend, which is also my excuse for having not written the past week. I started to a few times, but either fell asleep or was disrupted again.

Tuesday, I went back to work, which was good, but tiring. I think it was especially good for Gabby & Tobin and their naps. (see pictures Gabby & Tobin, and me & the sling someone gave to Amber to give me that Aiden and I both LOVE :) Wednesday, I worked, then went to a pre-thanksgiving suare with some friends from high school I pretty much haven't seen since then. I can't TELL you how good it was for me, both just to be there, and to NOT be at home, mommying and cleaning and laundry-ing. *ahh*

My ex boyfriend from my junior year (blonde haired-blue eyed boyfriend born in July #2- there are four.) Avery was there, along with Genery's ex-boyfriend Dan, whose mother was the school librarian, and Thomas,  lacking in the presence of an ex, but who played drums in their band, ETC. (I still have all the songs memorized) There was an entire roomful of other people I didn't know, eating turkey, drinking hard alcohol, listening to rap and playing video games, while the 5 of us sat drinking red wine, eating Tofurkey, singing with a guitar, mandolin and an overturned fondue pot and forks and playing Cranium. (my first experience with Tofurkey and Cranium- both get good ratings on the julie-o-meter)

After a few glasses of wine, Thomas thought it'd be a *great* idea for me to put on the gorilla suit (leftover from Halloween?) on the couch and go refill his glass in the room with "the others". I, perfectly sober, agree. I get called all sorts of names and the joy of seeing some of the best facial reactions I've seen in a long time. As a sidenote, everyone assumed I was a guy. Interesting.

 

No comments: