Sunday, November 2, 2003

3...

Well, it's official. Tobin has his own room now. I went to bed last night for the first time in over two years with no crib in my room. I cried. I almost cried when my dad was putting together his crib in the other room, too. I *LOVE* waking up to Tobin in the morning. I would NOT love sleeping with two babies waking each other up in my room, though. I'm going to get some fun stuff to put in there today so that it's more appealing for him to be in there, I hope he doesn't freak out.

Three more days until Randal is home!! I have a midwife appointment tomorrow at 12:30, and they're going to check my cervix again to see how close I am. They can sweep my membranes (basically kind of dislodge the placenta from the uterus at the bottom, to encourage labor) which usually works in a couple of days, but it would REALLY stink if Randal missed seeing the baby born because it worked too soon. Wednesday, wednesday, wednesday. That's all I have to hold out to. Only three more days. :)

The house is about ready to have a kabillion people trafficking through- Grandma and Mom have been helping me clean all week. (Thank you SO much, you guys) By the end of this week, I'll have Ray & Linda, Tara, Randal, and probably (hopefully!) new baby in the house. It makes me cherish these last few minutes to myself before Tobin gets back QUITE a bit more. I doubt I'll have much time to myself anytime soon after this. Crazy.

The pictures that are up today are of Gabby and Tobin this last week- it was 95 degrees on Tuesday! Then Thursday, it was snowing in Sausalito. (about 1/2 hour from here) Schizo California weather. Anyhow- I gave them their first pomegranate, and they were SO messy. You may not be able to see it, but rest assured, they are both COVERED in red. SO, of course, I stuck them in the pool, where you see Gabby washing off Tobin's belly. :) Then Gabby had to put her bear to sleep in her rainboot, which, of course, is where all bears sleep. On the way home, Tobin was sleeping- look at those eyelashes! I wish I had those! And lastly... is there a sale on the blue ones? I guess Target is as fun for Tobin as it is for Mommy. Hooray for Target! (again. :)

No comments: