Wednesday, December 31, 2003

cont'd... (A Coastie Christmas 2)

 The Coastie rolled over and drifted to sleep,
I couldn't control it, I started to weep.
I kept watch for hours, so silent, so still,
The Coastie just shivered, from the cold, dark night's chill.
When I left that old cutter, all tossing and turning
Deep down below, the screws were still turning
As the clouds rolled on in, and sea turned to foam
In the far off distance, a light barely shone
The Coasties were up now, about on the decks
and the light that I spyed was barely a speck
So, I gave them a wink, as old glory proudly waved
For on this Christmas Eve, a life would be saved.

HONOR - RESPECT - DEVOTION TO DUTY

----------

Whew! Nice and long, nice and sad, nice and true. Well, maybe except for the Santa part, but don't tell. I'll write more and add more pictures later. I hope you all are well, and enjoying your last day of 2003! :)

The quote for the day will be on the next entry- for right now,m I'll leave you with, "A picture is worth 1,000 words." - anon.

PS: Pictures are of Dad having some Aiden-time (in the COOLEST chair EVER- it gives you up to a 1/2 hour massage- soooo gooooood!) and Tobin playing with Gabby's new keyboard. He sang his entire ABC's on that microphone- except the HIJK "uh-uh-uh-uh-P" part. And, Gabby *completely* dranched in sparkles. Is there another way for a 2-year-old-girl to be? :)

No comments: