Friday, December 26, 2003

Didja miss me?

Things that have come and gone in the last week for $500, please:

My husband, Christmas, my grandparents, my best friend, my sanity.

That about sums it up, really. I've written FOUR times this past week, but I would finish, then go to upload pictures, it would fail, then erase EVERYthing. Grr. I've already loaded pictures on this one, though, so TAKE THAT, AOHell!

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! ... and all that good stuff. :) Those of you that have given me your addresses- your pictures are coming! Amy, I found some old ones of us in junior high I just HAD to include. :) My sisters and I made a collage for my mom for Christmas, and it involved going through a LOT of old pictures- next entry I'll try and get some good ones up- though I have SO many from the last couple of weeks, you guys are just going to be bombarded.

The pictures that are up are from waiting in SF for Randal's ship to come in. I even snuck in a paprazzi shot of him walking off the... I feel like saying plank, but that's just my inner pirate speaking from the fifteen times I've watched Pirates of the Carribbean. (Polly want a Johnny and an Orlando? Ay, matey!) Well, I don't know what that thing's called, but I have a picture of him on it, thanks to my dads ubercool camera! I actually found parking right on the pier they pulled into, so I got to wait, nose pressed against the chain link fence, for Randal to get there. I was at the end of the lot when I saw the mast (I think that's what it's called) and RAN, both kids in the stroller alllllll the way to the end of the lot- the most I've ran in a long time, and the most fun Tobin's had in the stroller, I'm sure.

We had a night to ourselves in thecity that night, which was fun. Pictures of that will be on the con'd entry. We went for a night on the town- to dinner, dancing and a couple of bars. The night Randal and I met (last New Year's at the restaurant where I used to work.) he introduced himself as "Tork". I said, "What, like dork?" ...and thus the challenge and the saga were born. I learned the meaning of that nickname Thursday night. WHOA.

No comments: