Friday, December 12, 2003

...cont'd

I look forward to the things I have to do each day- see how much Aiden's changed overnight, explain laws of physics to Tobin, talk with Randal, dance with Gabby... not that I paticularly enjoy DDGRs, but I do them accepting that they have to be done, and that they're for the common good. (and my sanity) Ah yes, how wise I am. If only I could apply that to keeping Tobin's socks together...

I am lucky, though. Special, Blessed, whatever. I have a great life. It sucks that Randal is gone, but I have someone to miss, where some have no one at all. Hopefully that stage of our relationship (and his work) is going to pass soon. That reminds me of Grammy (one of the many people I think incredibly highly of) whenever something goes awry (which NEVER happens to Grammy!) she reminds me, "This too, shall pass"

When she was over the other night donating her ornaments, she said she was saving all my journal entries, so that when I am ready to publish it, she'll be ready. I thought, "Now who would want to read a story where nothing goes wrong?" Not that nothing goes unexpectedly- that is different. But nothing is WRONG or lacking in my life. I've thought a few times about just standing on an onramp or something where there are usually hitchhikers, panhandlers or homeless people, and holding a sign that says, "I lack for nothing" or "Smile" or something happy and nonchalant. However, I can't come to a conclusion on a simple phrase that I would say to every driver I pass everyday, aside from "TURN SIGNALS, YOU ASS" but I think that's a bit aside from the point I'd be trying to make.

Well, Tobin is up, and my wise/lucky/blessed/special self gets to get back to life and picking up the cold peas he just threw all over the floor. Ah yes, to be alive. :) 

quote for the day: "Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." Henry James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie....I would like to add to Grammy's comment about "This to shall pass...." I would add." This too shall pass.....maybe like a kidney stone... but it SHALL pass"....in other words...it may be painful, but it will be over at some point."
That's got me thru a lot in my life. I love you too, and you indeed, are special. I have always known that about you. You are great!!
Love you
momma