Wednesday, February 11, 2004

sigh.

Well, yesterday, I got two tickets, (fix-it tickets, thankfully) cut my thumb on a piece of broken glass, got some housework done and merged all seperate piles of clean landry into one monumental heap. I also booked a ticket for Randal to come home this weekend. I was going to suprize him and go up there, but then his ATM card was stolen and he couldn't suprize ME so he came clean about planning a trip, and so did I. There's no way I could go right now anyhow, since both children have coughs and runny noses no medicince seems to touch.

Last night, I got up a total of 7 times- four with Tobin, three with Aiden. The last three times I got up were all kind of a fuzz, though. So I've been up since about 3:45. Nice. Isn't it naptime? So- I call into work and tell Amber I can't be there since the kids are sick, but she needs me to be there for a little while until her mom, the replacement, can be there. And then I realize that fairies have stolen my keys. They have evaporated. I'm sure these are leftover fairies from when Randal was here last, since they seem to continually plague him with placing things in different places than he thinks they should be. :)

I've looked in my ENTIRE house, called the landlord to see if anyone's turned them in- nothing. Which also means I can't go anywhere else, like to the store to get food and medicine, or, you know... anywhere, since even if I had the key to get out of my complex TO my car, I couldn't start it. The stroller's in the car, too, so I can't even WALK with them anyhwhere. UGH.

So... I'm sitting here, feeding Aiden and comforting Tobin, whining to you guys. Wheeee. At least Randal's coming home. We're going to have babysitting and clean the HELL out of the house. (because if we don't I'll go insane, and the quota has been met on that for this week, it seems) Then, we are going to Calistoga for mud baths and massages. YES. And I will come home to a clean house. YES. Things are looking better already.

Anyhow- I may write more during their naps, but for now, I'm off to wipe more gooey noses, cover coughing mouths and rock my babies.

quote for the day: "Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow." Dorothy Thompson

No comments: