Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Armani Give Me Strength

Geeeeeez. I haven't actually kept a good continual posting on here for awhile. Sorry, I suck. Well, I don't suck. I'm EXHAUSTED. I'm battling three infections (breast infection, sinus infection, and what they've finally decided is a staph infection) a cold, my sons and my eyelids. The staph infection I have has given me five boils so far, which are about the most evil horrible thing I've EVER experienced, aside from having little tyke, here.

I have to do SO many things for my various ailments, nevermind Aiden's Candida infection, and Tobin's 2-year-old-ness. I discovered yesterday that my time goes by so quickly because my life is divided into 2-hour blocks. No matter what I'm doing, where I am, every two hours or so, I've GOT to stop whatever I'm doing and feed and change both of them, and take and give medicine. Ugh. Tobin, I can usually sneak through a night without having to feed or change (although not the last four, since he's woken up crying) but that's the only exception.

So... I'm exhausted. I've tried pretty much everything to re-normalize my body from herbs to pills to tinctures to hydrotherapy to aromatherapy... I think I just need a nap. Randal will be home again for 10 whole days (THANK THE GOOD LORD) on Friday evening. Only two more days.... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

I get up (must... sleep... must... find... sleep....) and usually that's about when Tobin is up, except this morning, because Aiden woke up at 7:00, which is why I have time to write. In all the things I've been doing to try and cure my various ailments, I've found that I feel overall better taking vitamins, and I really like aromaptherapy. I think I even found a strain of my own- my adored Acqua Di Gio by Armani perfume. I get myself up in the morning, get dressed, put on my mascara and  lipgloss and powder my nose... then I look in the mirror and hopefully don't look ENTIRELY haggard. I brush my teeth, then get out my pretty green bottle, think Armani give me strength, and walk through a cloud of smelly-goodness and on with my day. If I look like I can do it, smell like I can do it, think I can do it, dammit, I'm going to.

quote for the day: "Having children is like having a bowling alley in your brain." Martin Mull

No comments: