Monday, January 12, 2004

The. Best Thing. Ever.

Ohhhh, man. I have found the BEST thing. Funny enough, Randal and I were just talking about what the best $40 ever spent was, and Now... now I know. It's an  infant massage chair. OH yes. The infant massage chair has easy cary handles, three mommy-friendly audio options (nature sounds, ocean waves and new age, which basically sounds like Yanni does Elmo) vibrates AND goes through a 20-minute massage-cycle on his back that simulates movements mothers naturally make when soothing a baby. (patting, rubbing, etc.) NICE. Aiden, who spent a good hour screaming (despite my best efforts) this morning spent almost twice that long sitting happily in his new chair this afternoon. WONDERFUL.

Tobin went down pretty easily tonight, which was good- I am SO exhausted. I can't believe Aiden and I BOTH have these ridiculous infections again. SO irritating. I have to do ALLLLLL this stuff for three weeks. Yuck. After he's done eating, I have to fully coat his mouth with this sticky crap, wash myself with apple cider vinegar and air dry, THEN put some topical cream on- I also have to put cream on his little bottom, as well as acidpholus (sp?) powder... I ALSO have to take these tablets three times a day and boil everything Aiden's mouth touches (except my boobs, of course- ouch!) and my bras. *sigh* Because I NEEDED extra work.

Speaking of that, I'm going to take a class at the JC this semester. I have such an array of interests, I have NO idea which I want to learn most, but I'm confined to certain times and spaces that my sister can babysit and I'm not working, so it will narrow my choices a bit. I think it will be good for me, though. To do something that's my very own and not for anyone but me. It will also be good to get into the school-groove again, since I definitely want to finish.

Man, I have so much to write about, especially since I haven't been lately, but I am so very, very tired. Speaking of which, I got a new book the other day filled with quotes on children and parenting- lots to do with sleep depritvation. (wonder why? :) So... I'll leave you with one of them. :)

quote for the day: "Baby's room... must have wallpaper with clows holding red, green and blue balloons. Baby's room should be close enough to hear baby's cry, unless you want to get some sleep, in which case baby's room should be in Peru." Dave Barry

No comments: