Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cinnamon makes EVERYthing better

hello again... I finally got around to developing the few pictures I had presence of mind to take during our crazy christmas as well as a few we finished up the roll with from earlier this week at Armstrong Grove. There's even one of my belly in there, although I daresay it looks much bigger in the pic than it does in real life- the  two shirts, two jackets and scarf probably help. It was cold! :) There were two ravens sitting and watching us the entire time, grooming each other and 'honking', as the boys called it. They are huge up close! You can see them in the tree in one of the pictures.

Randal's two-on, two-off schedule is really nice, especially when the weather permits. We've been to Howarth Park twice, the redwoods and the SuperPark in Sebastopol this week. Whew! Needless to say, I've been feeling a little better- I'm on my 5th puke-free day so far, woohoo! I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow- that's 58 days until my due date... not that I'm counting! ;) Of course, one can never *really* tell when she'll make her appearance- as long as she and I are healthy, I don't much care when. Unless she's late.

I'm starting to actually look pregnant now- I've gained 11 lbs! This is wonderful, considering I lost 9 or so at the beginning. (11 is the weight I've gained on TOP of gaining that 9 back, not since then!) I have been eating a lot of cinnamon on everything- I normally don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I've been loving UP on some chocolate lately! This is due in part to th fact that Randal's been trying out different pastries, mostly chocolate-based.... ohhhhhh, man. He is SUCH an amazing baker/chef/food whipper-upper.

We decided that during the labor (depending on how long/intense it is... this wouldn't have worked with Aiden!) we're going to bake a chocolate cake to give us busy work during the beginning part and chocolate smell for the rest. :) I got the idea from a book I recently finished called Birthing From Within where one method of dealing with labor is keeping busy (until you just can't) and repeating the mantra "I will only be in labor as long as it takes to bake, cool & ice a chocolate cake". They had some really good results, one being her very first Birth Day cake!

Well, I have to get back to my lovely DDGRs (that's Daily Domestic Goddess Rituals, in case you forgot) which also include giving Tobin his advanced placement English test and his *fifth* math placement test, since he hasn't missed a single one on the first four! Both boys are doing really well, playing, tumbling, fighting and romping together, as little boys should. I hope this finds you all well and as always, I'll write again when I get a minute! :)

quote for the day: "If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished ever moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." Irma Bombeck

No comments: