Thursday, January 11, 2007

Christmas Schmegle!

I had to add an extra entry for these- I felt the last one had words & pictures enough! These pictures are of the four of us decorating our first Gingerbread House together at Amber & Gabby's. You can also see Aiden with Ziggy, their adorable French Bulldog- soulmates at first lick! Uhhh, no.... that's not tape & cups you see holding it together, it's frosting, I promise! I'm a Domestic Goddess, dagnabit! I suppose part of Goddess Domesticity has to do with the ability to adapt the the needs of a given situation with the materials available... kind of like Donna Reed meets McGyver. (however you spell that)

We just let the kids go for it- the icing was sticky and gloopy and it was, well... schmegle is the only word that comes to mind. I'm sure you understand. :) At the end, it was dubbed the Ginger Shack instead, and sported disembodied heads of smiling children on the roof (supposed to be looking out a window, a feature our shack did not not end up with) and two enormous corredsponding explosions of red glitter nearby. (no top on the sprinkles on that one) Randal and Anthony (Amber's partner in crime) were just throwing candies at the roof and seeing if they would stick or drop off into the scmegly pile below. It was good time, for sure!

The others are from a birthday party we went to of Tobin's friend, Nathan. Randal had about as much fun as the boys climbing in, on and around the huge blow-up obstacle courses, basketball court, "bammin game room" (as Aiden referred to it- of course, his favorite one...) slides & whatever else I'm forgetting. A perfect afternoon for a rainy Saturday! Alright, my eyes really are getting numb... I gave you two quotes before, so I don't feel bad about holding off for now. There is one in there of the kids decorating cookies and also one of a cake Randal made for xmas dessert at Amber & Gab's. Okay. I'm off for now.

... and to all a good night!

No comments: