Monday, November 13, 2006

I only have time to write for a few minutes before going down the hill to pick Tobin up frm school, but since I got up early & cleaned the house this morning I have a few minutes to sit and chill. It's raining again, which always makes me want to curl up by the fire and read or write- even clean, if I've got to stay indoors- I can't sit and chill in a living room full of misplaced odds & ends! I can hear them taunting me as I sit... unless I'm too busy (or have been) throwing up to notice, which has seemingly curbed over the past few days- I've been going strong since Thursday! (about time @ 21 weeks- sheesh!)

Thursday was also the day I got my ultrasound, which was fascinating. We checked all of the vital organs, bones, brain activity & facial formation- all of which are perfect & wonderful! It's so reassuring to be able to count all of the fingers and toes myself and hear someone who actually knows so say that I have a perfectly formed (and long legged) baby...  girl! :)  <3  (:  

We are so excited!! I mean, well obviously, but we are so excited!!! It's a bit intimidating to me for some reason, if only because it's new. The "pink section" that covers 75% of the children's clothing area has always seemed like another planet to me. I'm not paticularly fond of ruffles & poufy little doodles, either, but perhaps they'll grow on me, like ears attached to baby hats did. I loved Tobin's Pooh Bear hat! I think I still have it in his baptismal box along with all of the amazing and adorable outfits Aunt Dottie (Grammy's sister) has made for him. SO cute!

Well, it's about time for me to go, but I just had to spread the good word! I'll try and fanagle a way to get the ultrasound pics up here, but the technician said the she (the baby) would not hold still long enough to have her picture taken! There is one good one of a teeny foot and another more typical profile shot, although she's halfway upside down and it's slightly blurry because... well, she's half Randal. :)

alright, off with me!

quote for the day:

"If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging."


~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

 

 

No comments: