Tuesday, June 1, 2004

...cont'd

Two entries long! Well, whaddaya know about that. It's actually a bit later now, since I had to go to work, get the kids down, get some laundry in, get some laundry out and fold it, feed Aiden, make a grocery list... and it goes on. Aiden's watching Baby Galileo in his swing at the moment, and Tobin is still asleep. We went in the pool yesterday (Tobin and I) and it was really fun. We want to go again today after he wakes up, but we'll see if it's still warm enough then. He & Randal will go in if it's over 60 degrees outside. Aiden and I prefer warm water and warm (not HOT) days. I had to buy a wipe warmer when Aiden was a couple weeks old because he would SCREEEEAAAM if you touched his littletinybeebeebooty with a cold wipe. Hey- I understand!

My sisters and I went camping this weekend with Aiden, which was fun. None of us is really a girly girl too much, so it doesn't sound TOO crazy for three girls and a baby to take off for a weekend in the wilderness. We camped by the Russian River, and there was a reggae festival right down the river which was awesome. We had free live music to put up our tent to. Sweeeet.

We had a good time- I always forget how much my sisters and I laugh when we're around each other. I haven't laughed as long and as hard as I did this weekend in months. Man- this is probably going to sound insane becaise I *know* you had to be there, but I'll tell you anyhow. We were hanging out in the tent and I was getting mugs out for tea (hippy camping! What did you expect?) and I was showing Amy my new Irish mug with the Klava on it.

Me: "Hey Amy, check out my new Irish mug!"

Amy: takes a moment to look the cup over, then says thoughtfully, "Noinchip."

Yup. Noinchip. HUH? It sounded a bit more like 'NoYEENchp!'. None of us will ever know where in the world that came from, but we laughed so hard tears were stinging the corners of my eyes, my sides hurt, my cheeks hurt, and frankly, I almost peed my pants. (I didn't, thankyouverymuch.) HA! That brings me to my next story. I had just gotten Aiden to sleep and was shivering in the tent under about a hundred blankets, and suddenly the whole tent lights up and I'm warm for a minute. Ahhhhh. (did I mention Amy like a bit of charcoal with her lighter fluid?) ... and then I hear "I peed! I peed my pants!" from Porky. I was literally rolling around, I was laughing so hard. (hey, it was late!) BTW: I promise you she doesn't care that I'm broadcasting to the general public of the world that she peed her pants. She's cool like that. :) 

No comments: