Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Anyone home?

Man- did anyone know that having a two year old and a six month old by yourself is the busiest thing ever? Just curious. In case you didn't know, it is. I'm just kind of hanging on for the ride at the moment, but don't worry- I've been taking pictures the whole time! :)

So many things have happened, I'm not even sure what to write about. Tobin got REALLY sick for the first time- throwing up and everything.... yum. I even got the pleasure just yesterday of picking encrusted vomit from the tassles of a blanket I didn't know got baptized. The real highlight of a mother's duty, you know? Funny enough, I was just standing there, having a conversation, looking at the little pieces to see if there was any recognizable food. I am now immune (well, almost) to bodily fluid grossness. Or just too tired to care.

Actually, Aiden has started sleeping through the night a little more now. FINALLY. and HOORAY!! He can even sit up for a few minutes by himself, too. Almost all the time, but he usually gets distracted by something (a toy, his brother, whatever) and goes for it and bonks to the floor. He doesn't cry, though. Just keeps on chewing. Still no teeth, but I think I could make up for the California water shortage if I could find a way to tap and filter all the liquid that comes out of his mouth. Geeeez. Of course, my nickname was 'Drooly Julie' when I was his age, so I guess I had to get mine.

I got that horrible sickness Tobin had the day afterwards... NASTY. My sisters, Mom and Dad got it, too. I simply refer to it as 'The Death Flu'. because that is what we all felt like. I was throwing up for two days straight, with a 102 temperature. I was hot, cold, achey, had a stomachache, headache, nausea.... anything and everthing nasty, pretty much. I woke up at 3:00am puking, and by 6:00 I called my mom from the bathroom floor crying and said, "Mom, I'm dying. You HAVE to come over now, the kids are going to be up and I can't move." So my mom and then Grandma came over to help with the kids, THANK the good Lord.

The second day, I was still puking, and my friend Avery came over for a couple of hours, but the whole rest of the day, I had both kids to myself. If there's anything worse than being deathly ill, it's having to take care of two young kids alone with it, AND try and not freak them out by wretching out orange bubbles in the sink (I found out carrot juice is one of the less nasty things the secondround) while making oatmeal. YUMMY, huh?

No comments: