Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Post- Surgery Update

Putting the pics physically into the entry is the only way I've found to outsmart the counfounded new photo system on this contraption, so here they are over the last two days...

Randal, passed out after surgery- at which point a gave him a manicure and a pedicure (might as well take advantage of his multiple days of bootlessness and unlimited supply of rubber gloves! :) and laminated a sticker of a sunshine on his beautifully filed and buffed good big toe- the other one is so nasty, I figured make the other one pretty! Uh- I mean manly. Fun. Festive... heh heh. ;) I wasn't able to snap a shot of it, since he woke up and said, "What the hell is that star doing on my toe?" to which I lovingly replied, "It's a sun, not a star... what did you expect me to do with you passed out for two hours?" I mean hey- at least I didn't put shaving cream on his hand and tickle his nose or anything!

     

Aiden, having figured out the secret to harnessing the power of the heater vent in the morning...

 

the boys, picking flowers for Gram

Suiting up to visit Biohazard Man

I didn't know it was possible to be without normal human contact, edible food & direct sunlight on a melee of drugs and still look so handsome! 

 

hanging in scrubs...

 

playing Sterile Uno

 

His surgery went well- they just removed all of the skin from the affected area- essentially, there's a 2x3inch area about a 1/2 inch deep around the joint of his left big toe that is an open wound right now- they just had to cut away all the skin, since the inside was simply serving as a breeding ground for the bacteria. Yum. Hopefully, he'll be released Thursday and continue to receive IV antibiotics for about two weeks or so. If that's how to get a paid vacation out of the Coast Guard, so be it! :) I'm sorry he had to hurt, but at least now they have him on pretty strong pain meds, so it's mostly manageable now. He has to stay off of it for at LEAST a week- we'll see how he deals with that! Luckily he's got a thick head of hair, so when he starts ripping it out it won't be *too* noticeable...

We are managing to stay aflout at home, thanks to the help of my wonderful parents who have both helped in so many ways over the past few days so that I could be with Randal in his germ infested incarceration.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I will try and add more updates when I can- thank you all for your coninual thoughts and blessings.

No comments: